Our Client a British Multinational Catering Company based in Abu Dhabi is looking for Chef Manager to be responsible from the following:
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following; other duties may be assigned by the Camp Boss, FOD, or on-site client management as necessary:
- Plan, prepare and serve a variety of nutritious, quality meals according to the established time schedule.
- Plans or participates in planning menus and utilization of food surpluses and leftovers based on the probable number of personnel to be fed, popularity of various meal items, and frequency of the menu cycle.
- Reviews menus, analyzes recipes, and develops methods to ensure effective cost controls for food and labor costs.
- Maintain balance inventories of groceries and supplies by ordering these accurately, in a timely manner, and by properly storing and rotating groceries and supplies.
- Inspect galley, living quarters (shallow-water operations), dining, storage areas and other areas on which company is responsible on at least a daily basis to ensure proper cleanliness and sanitation maintenance.
- Maintain uninterrupted customer service by managing crew change and rotation schedules on shallow-water operations.
- Maintain and submit accurate, required paperwork, which includes weekly inventories, meal & bunk rosters, safety paperwork and other forms as well as incident investigation reports.
- Supervise kitchen staff to ensure proper sanitation and hygiene standards are being followed at all times while performing duties in a safe and efficient manner.
- Mentors newly hired Chef’s and Cooks with on-site kitchen practices and enforces nutrition and sanitation standards.
- Be responsible for all cleaning and coordination of work if working alone.
- Maintain good customer relationships by courteous, daily contact and ensuring professional and quality service that is in compliance with the client specified contract standards.
- On Deepwater operations the Chef Manager is required to support the Camp Boss in overall daily activities and be responsible for the efficient kitchen operations.
- Enforce compliance with safety, fire, and health/sanitation regulations to include, but not be limited to the following:
- Ensure all employees are properly trained in their jobs and safety.
- Ensure all employees are following all proper safety and job procedures.
- Ensure all employees are wearing proper clothing and safety equipment where needed.
- Ensure all safety hazards and unsafe job practices are corrected.
- Ensure all employees know proper evacuation and emergency procedures.
- Conduct regular safety meetings for updating and reviewing safety matters and maintain availability of safety equipment as well as ensure its use.
- Discuss safety issues with individual employees and answer any appropriate questions they may have.
- Fill in Safety Training Checklists, Safety Checklists, Safety Meeting Reports, Illness & Accident Reports, and any other report related to the supervisory aspect of your job.
- Investigate all accidents and near misses (near incidents) involving personnel or equipment.
- Conduct safety inspections and maintain safety inspection records.
- Initiate a proper and friendly approach in maintaining safe attitudes of employees.
- Be a prime example of using proper and safe working procedures.
- Maintain good relations with your employees so that you are aware of any temporary problem or condition that might make your employees a safety risk.
- Know how to operate all of your area emergency equipment including fire protection equipment.
- Report to your supervisor any safety hazard that you are having problems controlling.
Skills and Qualification:
Accomodation, Transportation & Food at work provided by Employer
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a 2-year college or technical school; or 6-months to 1-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.