Our Client chain of Hotels in UAE is looking for Head Chef based in Abu Dhabi
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Ensuring Culinary Standards and Responsibilities are Met for Restaurant
- Develops, designs, or creates new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, or products, including artistic contributions for restaurant.
- Supervises restaurant kitchen shift operations and ensures compliance with all Food & Beverage policies, standards and procedures.
- Maintains food preparation handling and correct storage standards.
- Recognizes superior quality products, presentations and flavor.
- Plans and manages food quantities and plating requirements for the restaurant.
- Communications production needs to key personnel.
- Assists in developing daily and seasonal menu items for the restaurant.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations regulations.
- Follows proper handling and right temperature of all food products.
- Estimates daily restaurant production needs.
- Prepares and cooks foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
- Checks the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Determines how food should be presented and creates decorative food displays.
- Supervises and coordinates activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation.
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Leads shift teams while personally preparing food items and executing requests based on required specifications.
- Supervises and manages restaurant kitchen employees. Managing all day-to-day operations. Understanding employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence.
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Serving as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
- Ensuring and maintaining the productivity level of employees.
- Ensures employees are cross-trained to support successful daily operations.
- Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensures employees do the same within the team.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Culinary Arts, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.