Our Client chain of Hotels in UAE is looking for Butcher based in Abu Dhabi
- Ensures all food is prepared fresh and is of the highest quality
- Strictly adheres to all procedures and corporate specifications, methods and instructions from supervisor
- Reports to work on-time and in a clean uniform
- Maintains an organized and efficient flow of production, with regards to changes in forecasts and menus
- Responsible for procurement, defrosting, and cleaning of all protein items
- Consistently checks temperatures in foods and follows proper procedures in regards to chilling, and holding food.
- Reports waste to supervisors on a daily basis
- Checks station upon arrival to determine status of outstanding safety, or equipment issues
- Checks station prior to leaving to ensure cleanliness, proper disposal/removal of food, and proper storing and labeling
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
- Knowledge of all basic cooking techniques and skills are required, including: knife skills, basic cuts, and all cooking methods.
- Knowledge of all basic equipment is required, including: grinders and slicers.
- Comprehensive understanding of composition, structure, and quality factors of all proteins is required.
- Must comprehend how structural factors including muscle, fibers, and connective techniques impact appropriate cooking methods, recipes and fabrication.
- Must comprehend the inspection criteria, quality grading, and yield grading.
- Must comprehend the aging process including green meat.
- Minimum one year experience fabricating all proteins is required and must also understand storage requirements and implications.
- Minimum of one year experience in a butcher shop is required. Formal culinary training from a recognized educational institution may substitute for this requirement at an equivalent rate.
- High School Diploma or foreign equivalent is required.
- Culinary School 2-4 year degree or foreign equivalent is preferred.
Accommodation, Food at work & Transportation provided by Employer.