Our client is a british multinational catering company is looking for Assistant Cook.
- Prepare basic food items as per recipes and instructions received from the relevant Supervisor.
- Ensure that the allocated station is well kept and maintain impeccable standards of cleanliness, as per Client STAR Service Standards.
- Ensure economical work practices and control food production to minimize and/or avoid wastage.
- Ensure that food preparations/storage are in line with all Public Health Policies and Company Regulations and enforce & maintain “clean as you go” work habits.
- Separate & remove garbage and place it in designated containers; clean garbage as often as needed, ensuring those separation procedures and all Public Health Standards are maintained.
- Ensure mise-en-place for all areas of responsibility are prepared 15 minutes prior to service.
- Participate in “The Daily Reunion” every day to understand your team’s operational needs and to ensure consistent adherence to clientService Standards.
- Ensure that company property is appropriately secured and protected, especially during rough weather conditions, in order to prevent unnecessary loss or damage.
- Have strong motivation to achieve the company goals and objectives (quality and financial) for the Culinary Department.
- Have full knowledge about safety & security procedures and can operate in line with all Public Health, Environmental and Safety & Security Policies; participate in all training concerning onboard training, safety & security, fire prevention, evacuation exercises as required by the company.
- Demonstrate the ability to work in any section assigned by the relevant Supervisor – the assigned section can change at any given moment.
Accommodation, Food & Transportation provided by Employer.
- A required minimum of 3 years plus experience as an Assistant Cook or similar position, within a 5 Star hospitality and/or restaurant environment; basic culinary & knife handling skills are required.
- Must be physically fit and in good health, without any previous record of any medical problems, drug addiction and alcoholism.
- Fluent in English - must have excellent English communication skills to clearly interpret and orate documents, such as menus and recipes. The ability to speak additional languages is an advantage.
- Flexible, stress resistant, committed team player and exceptional work ethic is required.
- Previous cruise industry experience is preferred.