Purpose of Classification:
Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in receiving and paying out money and keeping records of transactions. Performs a variety of teller and leadership duties involving a minimum staff of three tellers and clerks. Incumbents work with independence in coordinating and assigning work and resolving problems for subordinate tellers.
- Hires, coaches, reviews, supervises, and terminates assigned employees, or makes effective suggestions and recommendations that are given particular weight regarding the employment status of assigned employees.
- Prepares work schedules and prioritizes work.
- Answers questions and resolves difficult or complex problems presented by tellers or other staff.
- Ensures adherence to university policies and procedures concerning teller functions.
- Examines tellers’ reports of daily transactions for accuracy.
- Verifies cash when overages/shortages occur; assists tellers when balancing problems occur using knowledge of common errors.
- Performs duties of subordinate tellers such as mail-in cashier duties, check distribution or other duties to facilitate workflow as required.
- Knowledge of all basic and specialized teller functions.
- Knowledge of supervisory practices and principles.
- Knowledge of office methods, procedures and practices including the use of standard office equipment.
- Skill in performing typical financial transactions and teller functions.