Pizza Chef responsibilities include preparing pizza dough, slicing and chopping toppings like vegetables and meats and executing customers' orders considering special requests. To be successful in this role, you should have experience with various pizza types and be available to work during business hours.
- A pizza chef manages multiple, simultaneous processes —from dough and ingredient prep to cooking pizza in a pizza or wood-fired oven.
- A good pizza chef makes excellent pizzas and knows how to teach others to toss dough, assemble pizzas and cook them properly.
- High school diploma or equivalent; Diploma from culinary school preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of prior experience as a pizza chef.
- Proficient with preparing and baking pizza dough.
- Familiar with all professional kitchen equipment (including brick or stone oven, dough sheeters, etc.)