Our client a British Multinational Catering company looking for Head Chef - Pastry.
- Control and direct the food preparation process and any other relative activities.
- Construct menus with new or existing culinary creations ensuring the variety and quality of the servings.
- Making sure the food quality meets the set standards.
- Managing stock and quantities of food served.
- Controlling and managing the kitchen budget.
- Maintaining good health and hygiene standards.
- Organizing the staff and ensuring everyone knows what they’re doing and when.
- Plan orders of equipment or ingredients according to identified shortages.
- Arrange for repairs when necessary.
- Remedy any problems or defects.
- Be fully in charge of hiring, managing and training kitchen staff.
- Oversee the work of subordinates.
- Estimate staff’s workload and compensations.
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards.
- Foster a climate of cooperation and respect between co-workers.
- Outstanding communication and leadership skills.
- Proven experience as Head Chef.
- Proven experience as Pastry Chef, baker or relevant role
- Updated with culinary trends and optimized kitchen processes.
- Skill with operational budgets
- Fluent in cooking skill with excellence (Professional)
- Attention to the system and hygiene
- Credentials in health and safety training.
- Degree in Culinary, degree in Food service management, BA, or related field.
- Experience at least 5 years in same role