Our client is looking for a Fleet Operations Manager to play the following roles...
- Develop fleet strategy and management plans
- Ensures fleet policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Offer guidance to contracted drivers on the best ways to maximize their earnings, while delivering a high level of customer service
- Ensure that all drivers understand and procure the licenses and permits they need to legally carry loads to customer destinations
- Collaborate with human resources to add quality employee drivers and contracted drivers to the fleet
- Work closely with the maintenance team to find ways to reduce downtime due to repairs or lack of routine maintenance
- Directly supervise the daily activities of three staff personnel. Indirectly supervise the actions of all in house vehicle maintenance staff.
- Ensure that all load paperwork associated with each run is accurate and submitted to the proper people.
- 10+ years fleet transportation or logistics, or related Bachelor Degree in Logistics / Supply Chain is preferred, business field required
- Strong customer service orientation with an operational or industrial background required.
- Ability to multi-task and make informed business decisions
- Must be able to work weekends, evenings and holidays
- Strong computer skills required
- Leadership Skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.