Our client is looking for an organized warehouse manager to supervise the receipt, dispatching and storage of merchandise in our warehouse. The warehouse manager will oversee picking, storage, receiving, dispatching, security, maintenance, sanitation and administrative functions. You will oversee, train, evaluate and reward staff. You will ensure the maintenance of company assets to ensure success you need to multitask effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and perform your duties in a manner that maximizes profits. Top applicants are dedicated, competent and have strong leadership skills.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Strategically manage warehouse in compliance with company’s policies and vision
- Oversee receiving, warehousing, distribution and maintenance operations
- Setup layout and ensure efficient space utilization
- Implementing operational policies and procedures
- Adhere to all warehousing, handling and shipping legislation requirements
- Maintain standards of health and safety, hygiene and security
- Manage stock control and reconcile with data storage system
- Prepare annual budget
- Assign tasks appropriately and appraise results
- Recruit, select, orient, coach and motivate department employees
- Produce reports and statistics regularly (IN/OUT status report, dead stock report etc)
- Ensuring effective and safe use of warehouse equipment.
- Bachelor's degree in commerce
- +5 years proven experience as warehouse manager in contracting and engineering companies
- Excellent understanding of warehouse management procedures.
- Proficient knowledge of inventory and inventory controls.
- Ability to operate forklift effectively.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Outstanding leadership, organizational, multitasking and problem-solving skills.
- Available to work extended hours.