The major role of a Dental Nurse is to assist dentists in carrying out different kinds of oral-care procedures. Preparing instruments to be used during treatment procedures, preparing patients to receive their treatment and preparing the clinic before and after patient’s arrival and dismissal while following and implementing our infection control procedure throughout all these procedures.
Duties and responsibilities:
- The duties of the Dental Nurse include, but are not limited to:
- Open and close the operator rooms daily.
- Adhere to health and safety protocols as well as cross-infection to the highest standard.
- Set up for every patient.
- Prepares patient if Dental assistant is not available for dental treatment by welcoming, comforting, seating, and draping the patient.
- Provide the Dentist with the correct instruments and equipment.
- Serve as an assistant to the Dentist during treatment by passing relevant equipment and instruments to him, in the same time retracting and aspirating if necessary.
- Mix and prepare materials.
- Write patient notes efficiently and correctly as dictated by the Dentist.
- Monitor and assist patients since entering the room, during treatment and after the dental procedure and making them comfortable.
- Ensure all dental instruments are correctly decontaminated and sterilized.
- Carry infected instruments to the sterilization room according to protocol, decontaminate, pack and sterilize.
- The full responsibility of the sterilization room and its procedures including cleaning, drying, packing, and sterilizing the dental instruments in the autoclave as well as disinfection of the operating devices between patients.
- Place sterilized instruments in its dedicated place.
- Monitor and report stock levels of dental supplies on a weekly basis or as required.
- Organize dental instruments.
- Organize the cabinets drawers.
- Clean and disinfect all the surfaces and floor in the treatment room.
- Ensure the availability of the Lab work deliveries for patients on daily basis before patient’s appointment confirmation and report any delays to the Dental Practice Manager.
- 1-4 years of experience in dental clinics.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Knowledge of disinfection and sterilization techniques.
- Good physical health.
- Cleanliness and precision.
- Ethical manners while dealing with patients.