Our Client a 5* Hotel is looking for Sushi / Japanese Chef.
- Specialize in creating sushi dishes.
- Make bite-size hand-pressed rolls of vinegared rice topped with seafood or stuffed with fish, vegetables, fruits, eggs, or seaweed.
- Ensure all ingredients are fresh and observe traditional Japanese sushi-making standards.
- Expertly cutting, slicing, and filleting different types of fish.
- Inspecting the quality of fruits, vegetables, and fish used to prepare sushi dishes and informing the Executive Chef when quality is sub-standard.
- Preparing various types of sushi dishes according to established guidelines on quality, portion size, presentation, and food safety.
- Maintaining a clean work environment in order to prevent food contamination.
- Regularly taking inventory of food supplies and other products.
- Reporting any problems with kitchen equipment to the manager on duty.
- Sterilizing all utensils, instruments, and equipment used in sushi preparation before every use.
- Communicating with wait staff to ensure that special requests and food allergy considerations are met.
- Japanese restaurants experience is a must.
- Proven experience working in upscale sushi restaurants.
- Valid food handler's license.
- Sound knowledge of food safety regulations.
- The ability to work under pressure.
- The ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in hospitality major , Food production
- Fluent in cooking skill with excellence (Professional)
Accommodation, Food & Transportation provided by Employer.
- Skill with operational budgets