Our client is looking for a Site Construction Manager to play the following roles...
- Manage the day-to-day construction activities and execute the construction works in line with the delivery schedule, contract specifications and conditions.
- Responsible for generating regular monthly progress reports for review by management.
- Ensure that the construction areas are constructed to the highest quality standards and agreed budget, schedule, and construction sequence.
- Supervise and manage all subcontractors on site, and direct labors.
- Review drawings and ensuring subcontractors complete works as per the design requirements.
- Implementation of standard construction work processes (CPs), manuals, procedures, and systems.
- Manage site teams by monitoring performance against contract's targets.
- Assist in the hiring of competent field staff to ensure adequate resources are in place for effective and timely execution of projects.
- Review project manpower requirements.
- Prepare and manage estimates, budgets, timetables, and resources.
- keep accurate wage records for direct labors, so that timesheets can be submitted to payroll on a daily/weekly basis.
- Ensure the site is secure and safe at all times.
- Carry out daily safe start meetings to identify and rectify risks prior to any works commencing.
- Ensure that a highly skilled and disciplined workforce is maintained within a safe system of work.
- Ensure that the workforce on site is motivated and directed.
- Check all drawings and designs highlighting any discrepancies to the relevant parties.
- Help out with any other duties as and when required in order to meet the needs of the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering "Civil or Architecture".
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant working experience.
- Experienced in the successful delivery of Grade A construction projects.
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results.
- Innovative and self-directed.
- Ability to work and perform under pressure.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate with clients, consultants, contractors, suppliers and other team members.
- Organized, structured and professional, with a passion for excellence.