Our client is looking for a procurement specialist to play the following roles...
- Identify suppliers of goods and services
- Negotiate terms with suppliers such as price, quality of goods, deadlines, expectations, etc.
- Liaise with suppliers and project managers regarding updates and details of goods
- Create purchase orders and tally these with supply requests and orders
- Analyze invoices to ensure accuracy of goods delivered
- Monitor inventory to ensure the flow of goods remains positive
- Attend meetings with the legal department to ensure any contractual obligations are favorable to the company
- Work closely with the projects team to understand details of procurement requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred
- Proven experience working as a procurement specialist in the same area required
- Additional certification in the field of procurement desired
- Strong knowledge of the electrical and light current industries and market conditions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Impeccable negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and rapport building
- Flexible to work long hours as demanded by projects
- Able to travel to meet vendors and suppliers as necessary