Our Client is seeking an experienced educational leader who demonstrates a drive toward excellence and is passionate about serving all students. Academic Directors are directly responsible for the coaching, growth, and evaluation of the teachers they supervise.
The ideal candidate is an outstanding leader and manager of adults, who believes and invests in developing talent, while possessing a strong understanding of academic accuracy and effective instruction. Academic Directors report directly to the school’s Principal.
- In collaboration with the leadership team, identify academic priorities, set measurable goals to achieve priorities and monitor progress towards goals
- Make decisions that are strategic, intentional, and grounded in data
- Ensure that teacher’s professional development goals are being met through direct, targeted coaching
- Partner with the instructional leadership team to continually assess professional development needs and execute on a differentiated approach to meet those needs
- Collaborate with the instructional leadership to continually assess the development of instructional team members and execute on a differentiated approach to meet their needs
- Oversee the systems, practices, and cycles of assessment and the constant use of date to drive student performance
- Implement school-wide procedures and policies to ensure student safety
- Work closely with the Human Resources Department to recruit and select new staff members
- Outstanding content knowledge in Key stages 1,2 and 3
- 4+ years of teaching experience, preferably in a British school
- Experience coaching teachers or managing adults, required
- Master’s Degree in Education, preferred