Our client is looking for a Purshasing Manager to play the following roles...
- Setting objectives and procurement plan with the plant manager and production manager.
- Search for external and local suppliers.
- Preparation and follow-up of all commercial correspondence with suppliers and related to the price offers and specifications and policies required to purchase and install orders and conditions of shipment and papers necessary for customs clearance and so on until the completion of purchases and receipt of goods.
- Negotiate with suppliers to collect the lowest price at the highest specifications and possible facilities.
- Coordinate with the financial management to spend the value of procurement contracts at times agreed upon with the suppliers.
- Propose improvement of the current purchasing system that will improve vendor relationships and lower the cost of doing business Negotiate, Agree on contracts and monitor the quality of services provided.
- Direct continuous improvement of purchasing processes in line with changing organizational needs & market conditions.
- Manage risk relating to quality, cost, delivery, and supply of purchase.
- Write specifications, prepares bid forms and handles bidding process, analyzes bid results and makes recommendations.
- Control purchasing department budget.
- Previous experience in a Purchasing Managerial role in the Retail industry
- Strong financial knowledge and ability to work with budgets
- Excellent English Language skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Computer literate, with good MS Excel skills
- Good time management and organization skills
- Accountable and resilient
- Ability to work under pressure