Our client is looking for an Internal Audit Manager to play the following roles...
- Responsible for leading internal audit team members in planning, executing, and reporting of internal audits over real estate business unites and across company subsidiaries.
- Assign responsibilities within the internal audit team.
- Develop and periodic review and update of the IA “Foundation” documents; namely the IA Manual and Charter, IA Employee Handbook, IA templates and any other IA documents as approved and seen appropriate by the Head of Internal Audit.
- Train and develop the on-hand IA team over time and for keeping the Head of IA updated with regards to any concerns on team development.
- Align IA strategy to overall approved Company corporate strategy and business plan.
- Adequate IA annual planning with ensuring that key IA focus is based on a systematic disciplined approach that is “Risk Based” , effective and efficient; and that IA efforts are directed towards high priority and critical and high risks areas.
- Understand of the engagements’ scope and its proper communication to IA team members, Head of Internal Audit and auditees.
- Adequate, effective and efficient planning of engagements.
- monitor the on going of engagements’ progress and supporting IA section heads and team in resolving challenges. at the corporate level , subsidiaries and company remote locations.
- Complete on timethe engagements in line with the Head of Internal Audit approved IA plan, APM and announcement letters.
- Report clearly with high-quality internal audit reporting to Audit Committee and CEO.
- Monitor the compliance with the Company administrative policies and procedures and practices followed; such as IA team attendance, leaves planning, leaves authorization etc.
- Develop the IA KPIs and submission to Head of Internal Audit for review and approval.
- Monitor periodically the approved KPIs per the IA Manual.
- Provide the necessary support in overseeing the development of specific policies and procedures such as, whistleblowing, investigation, governance policies or any other policies where he possess the adequate level of experience and proficiency; based on the recommendations and as approved by the Head of Internal Audit.
- Ensure the proper segregation of duties are maintained within the IA team and that all necessary internal audit activities go through the appropriate “maker- checker” work flow.
- Support the Head of Internal Audit in the technical evaluation of external service providers such as; internal audit co-sourcing service providers, IA IT systems.
- 15+ years of internal audit experience out of which 7 are in a managerial position in real estate internal audits.
- Construction experience is a plus.
- Extensive knowledge of real estate industry governance, risk, and internal controls.
- Strong knowledge of real estate business processes, operating environment, and best business practices.
- Extensive experience in internal audit engagement management, supervision, and control.
- Extensive knowledge in internal audit methodologies and approach.
- Extensive knowledge of internal audit real estate audit programs and knowledge resources.
- Extensive experience in internal audit analytics relevant to real estate industry.
- Fair knowledge of SAP ERP system.