Our Client a 5* star hotel based in Dubai is looking for Sous Chef.
- Manage all activities in the kitchen, including food preparation and production, and management and training of kitchen staff
- Ensure efficient, cost-effective operation and profitability of food production
- Supervise and inspect all preparation and cooking equipment on a regular basis to ensure that they are kept clean, sanitary, and in perfect operating order
- Ensure that food products, presentation, and plating are of the highest quality, and are prepared to serve in a timely manner
- Assume the role as Executive Chef in his or her absence
- Assure adherence to all standards of food quality, preparation, recipes, and presentation in conjunction with the specifications
- Monitor holding and storage operations, stocking and food rotation, and guarantee food service sanitation standards are met
- Assure kitchen personnel is trained in best cleanliness and sanitation practices
Accommodation & Food provided by employer.
- Bachelor degree in Tourism & Hospitality field.
- 10 years cooking experience in a fine dining environment and experience in a culinary leadership role preferred
- Ability to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room employees, and guests.
- Safe Food Handling Certification.
- Must have experience calculating figures and amounts and performing mathematical functions to meet the business needs.