The Senior Architect Engineer holds the responsibility for ensuring that all Architectural designs, drawing and specifications are reviewed and correct prior to and during construction. Produce technical documentation, reviewing all Architectural technical documentation, prepared by the contractors, for projects and preparing and implementing Architectural engineering work plans in accordance with project scope, schedule and budget.
As part of the Head Office team, the incumbent also holds the responsibility of setting, implementing, monitoring, and reporting of all required management reports and KPIs for his department in accordance to the program’s procedures.
- 1. A Degree from an internationally recognized University in the field of Architectural Engineering.
- 2. A minimum of 5 years’ experience within a Senior Architectural Engineering position.
- 3. Be comfortable working and leading a multi-cultural team of Engineers.
- 1. To ensure that all technical designs and specifications from contractors are reviewed and in alignment with the client’s specific requirements, to include.
- 2. Effectively communicate and co-ordinate between all Architectural team members and all other disciplines, to ensure mutual awareness of requirements and sharing of information and common resources.
- 3. Review and approve the shop drawings, Material Submittals with respect to the project Specification and Standards of practice submitted by contractors.
- 4. Review responsibilities to subject matter experts as necessary. Coordinate, review, and consolidate all Architectural review comments.
- 5. Endorse all Architectural deliverables produced by the contractors.
- 6. Review; provide inputs/comments on other discipline drawings and documents.
- 7. Respond to technical queries during the Contractor tender periods. Review and Input during the tender evaluation for the selection of Contractors.
- 8. Active participation in the various design reviews, workshops and optimization studies.
- 9. Provide clarifications, technical inputs for the Contractor queries & requests.
- 10. Provide review and inputs to resolve the technical issues, and change orders raised by the Contractor.
- 11. Review Contractor’s material proposals against specified technical performance requirements and advise the Technial Manager on the appropriateness of the proposals.
- 12. Ensure the application of correct standards in the design and development of project deliverables.
- 13. Attending testing, start-up and commissioning by contractors of all Architectural systems.
- 14. Ensure effective communication and co-ordination with other peers, all disciplines, Section Chief and project management team.
- 15. Forecast trends anticipate potential problems and difficulties meeting milestones or budget.
- 16. Respond to all site requests and clarifications in accordance to project procedures.
- 17. Assures the contractor’s Design and Material Deliverables are as per project requirements.