Posted 97 days ago
Posted 97 days ago
Our Client is currently recruiting for a Transport Supervisor based in Dubai. The shift pattern is a 3 week rotation working a combination of Days and Mid shifts.
- Ensure that all relevant safety regulations, legal and company policy are adhered to and that staff are aware of their individual responsibilities to ensure their own and others safety at work.
- Manage Drivers’ hours to ensure efficient utilisation of working time.
- Be responsible for all the activities and processes which are associated with managing people.
- Liaise with suppliers, customers and warehouse staff to ensure smooth flow of products and to ensure resources for the operation are sufficient.
- Ensure vehicles are allocated to drivers taking into consideration the vehicle’s mileage and maintenance schedule.
- Ensure that all paperwork, reports and IT systems are accurate and meet specific deadlines and that reports adhere to required standards.
- Have experience of managing a team of 10+ direct reports.
- Strong people management skills, leading by example, engaging with colleagues at all levels.
- Possess excellent communication skills when dealing with staff at all levels including when handling difficult situations.
- Ideally have demonstrable experience of working within a similar role.
- Be a real team player who thrives in a fast paced, busy and challenging environment.
- Have a real customer focus when dealing with Drivers and other departments.
- Be committed to the development of self and others within your team.
- Ideally have a good knowledge of Road Transport Regulations.
- Ideally hold a full UK driving licence.
You may have experience of the following: Transport Supervisor, Transport Team Leader, Distribution, Logistics, Team Leader, Fleet Supervisor, Fleet Team Leader, etc.