Abu Dhabi, UAE
Posted 13 days ago
Posted 13 days ago
Our Client is a Catering & Support Services company based in Abu Dhabi
Scope and general purpose:
The Arabic Cook is in charge of the production for a small kitchen unit or a section in the main kitchen; his duties are both administrative and productive. The Arabic Cook has to be creative, well organized & flexible and should have a good sense of quality in taste and presentation.
Main responsibilities of an Arabic Cook are:
• Preparing food complying with the menu applying his techniques and expertise to achieve and maintain the highest standard of production.
• To supervise his subordinates to perform their duties to the desired standard of food production
• Cost Control by actively supervising the production & service process
• Dominating presence front of the house, supervising buffets & cooking stations
• Training of staff based on the culinary & hygiene program (HACCP)
• Product supervision regarding health & safety from food storage to preparation & service
• Production of variety of Arabic dishes including Local /Emirati food and recipes development
• Prepare evaluations and appraisals for kitchen staff
• Manage and lead all Food operations including the culinary and stewarding areas.
• Demonstrate purchasing, stock control skills and cost control effectiveness. Implementation of guest / market-oriented menus.
• Trade certificate in Food production or apprenticeship in a recognized hotel or catering company/ School certificate
• EFST Certificate
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Catering Company or a 3-5-star hotel
• Excellent Knowledge of Food Safety and HACCP standards level 3.
• Knowledge of various styles of Arabic cuisines, creative with recipe / menu planning and quality driven with outgoing personality, adaptable and enjoying direct guest contact.
- Food and Accommodation provided by company
- 2 Years Renewable Contract
- All candidates must be willing to work Remote camps/Outside city
- No Overtime provision available
- Salary AED 3500