Technical Support Officer
Doha - Qatar, Qatar
Posted 47 days ago
Posted 47 days ago
Our client, an innovative communications company based in Qatar, is looking to hire a motivated individual in the role of Technical Support Officer who will be monitoring and maintaining a wide variety of products and solutions. Tasks can include diagnosing software/hardware technical problems, configuring different systems to suit customers’ requirements, provisioning and being as efficient as possible in your resolution times.
This is a critical and a very important role to the company, because as a Technical Support Officer he/she will represent the organization and be the direct point of contact for customers, during critical moments. Training will be provided on the products which is expected to take up to three months.
- To provide support to the Company’s core products & services.
- Working with customers to identify problems and advising and/or guiding on the solution.
- Logging and keeping records of queries using the ITSM software.
- Updating the ITSM Knowledge Base, where the customers can have the option to solve problems themselves.
- Analysing cases to identify common trends and underlying problems.
- Understanding of the equipment/solution that is being used by the customer.
- Liaising with other departments, such as Operations regarding attendance requirements.
- 24/7 shift work to provide technical support upon request from the customers at any time (shift patterns between colleagues will take place).
Skills and experience:
- Experience in the Electronics/IT Sector.
- The ability to assess and modify your own approach when speaking to customers.
- The ability to deal with difficult calls whereby the caller may not have English as a first language.
- Logical thinker and the ability to work alone.
- The ability to provide good analysis, sometimes at a short notice, due to the urgency of each requirement from the customers.
- Knowledge of MS Windows and networking. Linux an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent record keeping.
- Excellent knowledge of the English language both verbal and written, any other languages will be considered as an advantage.