About the Role:
An exciting role has arisen for a talented Junior Sous Chef (Pastry) to join the 5* Hotel Restaurant culinary team. The Main purpose of this role is to perform and delegate tasks to a multicultural team, ensuring a superior production and presentation of high quality pastry products. And able to assist the Head Chef/ Chef de Cuisine/ Sous Chef in setting the standards and manage the various culinary activities of Pierchic Restaurant.
Your key duties will include:
- The pastry section with in the restaurant is to be managed and bought up to brand standard across all disciplines.
- Junior Sous Chef (Pastry) must develop and show a pro-active behaviour in problem solving and is able to come up with solutions to any problems which arise whilst they are in charge.
- Junior Sous Chef (Pastry) must build a strong relationship with central purchasing and follow all company policies and procedures. Work close with Central pastry or other colleagues with in pastry to improve and manage the product quality and to help in sourcing new products and suppliers.
- Coordinates and communicates on any food quality issues, new or seasonal products needed.
- Junior Sous Chef (Pastry) should ensure all equipment is working to the standard required by the business and if issues are found that they are reported and actioned by the company maintenance team/company.
- Communicate with Head Chef / Chef de Cuisine / Sous Chef / Outlet Manager to ensure pending works are actioned immediately.
- Co-ordinates kitchen cleaning and stewarding schedules and paper work. Monitors standards.
- To work in close liaison with all sections of the kitchen to ensure efficient service and maintain high levels of communication with colleagues and other staff.
- Coordinate and work with the Head Chef / Chef de Cuisine / Sous Chef to achieve strong and aligned production of the respective outlet. Open and strong communication (if applicable)
- Actively involved with ways to maintain and increase business levels.
- Be aware and understand the local and international competition.
- To ensure all rotation of stock is done correctly and all chefs follow the correct storage procedures ensuring the appropriate stock level.
- Monitors and accounts for food wastage within the active inventory system.
- Have full control on all inventory and purchasing.
- Assist the Head Chef / Chef de Cuisine / Sous Chef with new menu development and to actively create new dishes / offerings. Has the ability to build accurate recipes and their development.
- Conduct and attend menu tastings.
- Pastry chef needs to be up to the latest international pastry/bakery trends.
- Any other duties as may reasonable be requested by the management.