The successful candidate will be fully in charge of the corresponding function of the Company. The position is largely administrative, with the main task of optimizing work flow and keeping it reliable, efficient and economical on the day-to day basis. The HSD bears managerial responsibility for arranging the timely and economically efficient transportation of the commodities purchased and sold by the Company, integrating all possible transportation modes and using both the resources of the company and partnering logistics operators. Providing transportation services to outside freighters is also under the HSD control.
- Controls the work performance of Shipping Department in accordance with the relevant duties, job descriptions, procedures, Company’s rules and regulations.
- Documentation due to be presented for participation in tenders and provides necessary feedback to Traders and CEO concerning potential logistics issues.
- Approves potential deals presented by subordinates with logistics operators and freight companies providing transportation services to the company.
- On the regular basis supervises allocation of the vessels, including drawing in the resources of the other logistics operators and composing the overall Fleet Schedule to ensure the transportation is provided in the most reasonable and economical way.
- Supervises all demurrage calculations and claims to ensure the Company’s losses are minimized/gains maximized.
- Performs general supervision of the Company’s shipping / chartering practices to ensure the latter are conducted in full compliance.
- Relevant educational background in Shipping/Business or related field.
- Solid and demonstrable professional experience in Chartering/Shipping activities, including supervising experience in these fields.
- Managerial acumen and consistency, ability to implement and administer orderly, step-by-step procedures.
- Openness and common sense, ability to build and maintain relations with both peers and subordinates and work in a team.
- Fluent English; Russian and/or Turkish would be considered an advantage.